When we started this process a couple of months ago, we knew there were going to be a lot of “what if’s,” emotions and scenarios that we were going to have to think through. We knew that in the end, the Lord knows our hearts and knows what’s best for the kids even if that doesn’t involve us. We knew that the ultimate goal for DFACS is always reunification with the biological parents/family and we have tried to prepare ourselves for this possible outcome.
Unfortunately, regardless of what we want sometimes and what we feel is best, isn’t always Gods plans and we have to be ok with that. The TPR was denied. We are no longer an option for the kids. As hard as it is for us, we know that the biological mother loves her kids and wants to be with them. The kids are old enough that they have a bond with their mother regardless of the current circumstance.
Continue to pray for them and for their mother to be restored. Pray that the mother gets the help she needs and that she becomes the best mother possible for these kids that love her dearly. They have a long road ahead. Thank you for praying for us during this process. The Lord knows what He is doing and that’s what we are holding onto.
So what’s next for us? We aren’t sure why the Lord was had us on this path but we feel certain that we need to continue with our home study and get officially opened as a foster family. We don’t know what this looks like and there will be some adjustments in our house, aka getting Henry out of our room and back into his room lol, but we want to be ready for whatever The Lord has for us.