Have you ever tried to put together a 1,000 piece puzzle? Kristen and I were busy putting together a Christmas puzzle for what felt like a month. Slowly but surely the scattered pieces on the other side of the table were dwindling away as the puzzle began to look like the picture on the front of the box. We soon became convinced that something was missing and when the last piece we had was finally put in place our suspicions were confirmed. It was laying in the living room with teeth marks and half of it was missing. It is crazy how you can have 999 pieces in perfect order but the 1 piece thats missing will keep you from experiencing the fullness and completeness of the puzzle.
As our adoption progresses it feels an awful lot like a puzzle. With each thing we are able to check off the list the reality in front of us slowly begins to come into view. Although we aren’t sure what the picture really looks like just yet as adoption doesn’t come with a “one size fits all” manual. Adoption really does look different for everyone and we have loved hearing everyones unique stories as we progress through our own journey.
Since the last time we talked we have been able to check a few things off the list that we wanted to share with you.
- Our home study paperwork. (which includes but is not limited to: FBI background checks, local background checks, financial statements and reports, fingerprints, sewage and water inspections, tax information, birth certificates, child safety assessments, physicals, drug screenings, just to name a few.) This process took roughly 6.5 weeks.
- Our nursery has been painted.
- Crib purchased and assembled.
These are exciting steps in our journey. The first one is a HUGE milestone moment as the paperwork is now in the process of being reviewed.
A lot of people have been asking “How can we be involved right now?” The number one answer has been and will continue to be “PRAY!” and the second answer as the nursery comes together is that we would like for you to be a part of our puzzle fundraiser. We know… “What is a puzzle fundraiser?” We are so glad you asked! A puzzle fundraiser is where YOU “adopt” a piece(s) of our puzzle for $10 a piece and your name and/or your families name will be written on the back of your piece(s).
You can adopt as many as you would like (1,3,5,23,67,100). Once all the pieces are “adopted” it will be assembled and hung in a DOUBLE SIDED frame in the nursery. We want our future child to be able to see the names of those involved in helping us bring them home.
This is the puzzle we created:
Here are the ways you can “adopt” your piece(s).
- VENMO @Kristen-Oliver-3
- CashAPP $oliverka
- For a tax deductible donation go to: https://www.purecharity.com/oliver-adoption
- leave a note for puzzle pieces.
- Mail a check to: (Payable to John & Kristen Oliver)
- 820 Hill Street, LaGrange, GA, 30241
- “Adopt” a piece in person. Adoption is always on our brains 24/7 so don’t feel like you cannot bring it up! 🙂
We are so excited about this fundraiser and so excited to see it hung on the nursery wall one day. Please feel free to share this fundraiser with everyone you know. God is good and we never know whose heart He is working in. We might even have to get two puzzles. Adopt one today!
All our love,
John & Kristen Oliver